Few names in the engine world have garnered a reputation for power like the HEMI® has. First created by Chrysler in the early 1950s, the engines pioneered the use of hemispherical combustion chambers. Since then, the design has changed, but the name has remained an important part of engine branding for the Chrysler family of vehicles. Because HEMI® engines are so good at producing torque and horsepower, pickup truck buyers should be concerned with whether they get the kind of power they need.
Does the 2020 Jeep Gladiator Have a HEMI® Engine?
A lot has changed since the 1950s, and the Chrysler family of automotive brands has changed hands. On top of that, the designated truck maker in the group is no longer Dodge, as Ram has become a full-fledged brand, not just a series of models. Despite Jeep also being part of the Chrysler family, the 2020 Jeep Gladiator sadly does not have a HEMI® engine option, but perhaps it will in the future. Ram trucks have inherited the HEMI® legacy, and now you can find HEMI® power in each model produced by Ram in the 2020 model year.
What Ram Models have HEMI® Engines?
- Ram 1500: The standard large truck has risen to the top of the incredibly competitive large truck class in the 2019 and 2020 model years. Its HEMI® engine options played a big part in that success.
- Ram 1500 Classic: Looking to keep fans of the Ram 1500 design from 2009-2018, Ram continues to produce the fourth generation of the Ram pickup under the “classic” name. Having a HEMI® engine option is a big player in what makes it matter a decade later.
- Ram 2500: Stepping into the Heavy-Duty category, the Ram 2500 has two engine options. One of which is the 6.4L HEMI® V8, the other is not part of the HEMI® family.
- Ram 3500: Much like the slightly smaller 2500, the 3500 has the HEMI® as one of its engine options. The other two are built by Cummins® so Heavy-Duty Ram buyers can have turbo-diesel power instead.
- Ram 5500 Chassis Cab: The heaviest-duty version of Ram trucks has two engine options. The same 6.4L HEMI® engine remains relevant all the way up to the 5500, bested only by the incredible 6.7 Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6.
How Can I Test Drive a HEMI® truck?
A great resource in the Farmington, New Mexico area for test driving trucks with HEMI® engines is the Automax Truck and Car Center. Contact us online, over the phone, or on our lot to schedule a test drive and get a taste for the kind of power HEMI® engines have become famous for.