AutoMax is looking for an experienced Title Clerk. An automotive title clerk is responsible for procuring and securing trade titles from customers and lien holders, as well as preparing legal transfer documents for the DMV.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Automotive Title Clerk position include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing tax and title documents.
- Submitting all legal transfer documents to the DMV.
- Receiving and process paperwork from the F&I department.
- Preparing payoff checks for vehicles and trade-ins.
- Registering extended service policy contracts.
- Preparing trade-in vehicle jackets.
- Ensuring that name and address files are updated on an ongoing basis.
Our ideal candidate will offer the following:
- Computer skills necessary for the automotive title clerk position.
- A high level of organization with an eye for detail.
- 2-3 years' experience as a Title Clerk within a dealership.
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as sales agreements, tax and title documents, and procedure manuals.
- The ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- The ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, employees and the general public.
- Excellent communication and phone skills.
- Previous experience with Reynolds & Reynolds knowledge is a plus, Samba knowledge a plus.
- The minimum education required is a high school diploma, although a Bachelor degree is a plus.
- Processing registration for vehicles to be titled in New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, and Utah as well as other states.
- Preparing payoff checks for vehicles and trade-ins
- Maintaining Tag and Title schedules
- Reporting to the department managers regarding status of the title work
- Excellent follow through skills.
- Basic familiarity with computer applications.
- Maintains a professional appearance and a neat work area.
- Follows instructions from a supervisor.
- Understands and follows work rules and procedures.
- Accepts constructive criticism.
- All other duties as assigned
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirement, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or technological development(s).
AutoMax offers competitive pay & benefits packages. Wages will commensurate with experience.
Requirements: Valid driver license, drug test and background check, references, reliable transportation.
Job opportunity includes health benefits, vacation benefits, and 401k after 90 days of full time employment.
Please contact Thomas Hawkins with Resume at: email@example.com